With tons of new restaurants and other business opening all the time in Bradenton and around Manatee County, it’s hard to keep track of it all.
Here’s a recap of some of the spots that opened and closed in the first half of 2018, as well as what’s to come in the second half of the year.
- Bradenton’s first dedicated CBD shop opened in March.
- Famous baseball player John Kruk recently opened Kruk’s Philly Steaks.
- Eastside Diner opened with an expansive menu in May.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- All Greek, an authentic Greek restaurant, opened in March.
- A Glory Days sports bar replaced Lee Roy Selmon’s.
- The Bearded Clam has a new look, a new name and a new location.
- The Freckled Fin made a return back to Anna Maria in February.
- In February, a donut shop on Manatee Avenue rebranded as a Vietnamese restaurant.
- Gainesville-based Five Star Pizza brings “Florida pizza” to Bradenton.
- Cremesh European Restaurant, which specializes in European dishes opened in June.
- The people at Tellers Coffee Garden hope their new walk-up cafe will entice you to explore downtown Bradenton.
- A Texas-based doughnut shop made its Florida debut in June.
- Chicagoans can get their authentic pizza fix at JoJo’s Taste of Chicago.
- One-of-a-kind crafts are on offer at this Bradenton vendor showcase.
- Selah Freedom’s boutique where the proceeds go toward ending sex trafficking found a new home.
- This Bradenton interior designer wants to help reupholster your home.
- The Mall at UTC welcomed Clean Juice and a Louis Vuitton store.
- Papa Joe’s Sports Bar re-opened nine months after Hurricane Irma destroyed everything in the establishment.
- In March, Metro Diner opened two new Sarasota locations.
- Detwiler’s Farm Market is set to open in the coming weeks.
- The Green at Lakewood Ranch has a host of retailers lined up to fill its spaces.
- Permits have been filed for a new Taco Bell in Lakewood Ranch.
- A new Dollar General store could be coming to Cortez.
- In August, Ohio-based Skyline Chili will open one of its franchise restaurants in Lakewood Ranch.
- A Kahwa Coffee location will open at the Mall at UTC in the fall.
- In the coming months, a new barbecue joint will open along State Road 70.
- “Modern” improvements are coming to this grocery store on Cortez.
- A new hardware shop is coming to the Mount Vernon shopping plaza in the fall.
- Kay Jewelers is coming to a Bradenton shopping center.
- Miller’s Dutch Kitch’n closed and went up for sale in April.
- Bradenton’s Evie’s Tavern location closed in June.
- Manatee Avenue’s cherished Latte Luna coffee shop closed in March.
- Village Idiot Pizzeria closed after it attempted to remake itself two times in the span of a year.
- After six years in the Village of the Arts, Arts & Eats closed on Mother’s Day.
- Ace’s Live was sold just before its 30th anniversary.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes closed amid a legal battle with franchise operators.