Fugitive who was on America’s Most Wanted caught in Florida
The weekly list of featured fugitives has been updated by the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office. One new suspect was added this week.
Deputies say Darius Ballard, 26, is wanted for burglary, possession of a controlled substance, uttering a counterfeit instrument and violation of probation.
Authorities are still searching for five other suspects:
- Shelby Thompson, 27, is wanted for violation of probation and uttering a forged instrument.
- Virgilio Vega, 36, is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender.
- Willie Crawford Jr., 25, is wanted for murder resulting from operation of a motor vehicle.
- Robert Copeland, 48, is wanted for dealing in stolen property.
- Jennifer Matteau, 43, is wanted for violation of probation and grand theft.
Anyone with information about these fugitives can call the toll-free anonymous tip line at (866) 634-8477 (TIPS) or submit an e-TIP online at www.ManateeCrimeStoppers.com. Tipsters are eligible for rewards of up to $3,000. These fugitives are wanted by law enforcement as of press time. Apprehensions and arrests may occur to change the status of fugitives.