To historians, the term "Thermidor Reaction" dates to the French revolution and the end of Robespierre and his reign of terror.
The term has come to mean "the phase in some revolutions when power slips from the hands of the original revolutionary leadership and a radical regime is replaced by a more conservative regime, sometimes to the point where the political pendulum may swing back towards something resembling a pre-revolutionary state."
I submit that the United States is in dire need of its own "Thermidor Reaction."
The current leadership promised hope and change. What has it delivered? Change but no hope. We have a president who has:
1. Refused to uphold U.S. immigration laws.
2. Created greater racial divide and economic distress.
3. Weakened the ability of the U.S. military to protect us from our enemies.
4. Blatantly ignored the U.S. Constitution.
5. Caused foreign governments to doubt the leadership resolve of the U.S.
6. Entered into dangerous foreign treaties and agreements.
7. Allowed the weakening of the police force, causing a dangerous rise in crime rates.
I could continue but I think you get the picture. It is time for conservatives to rise up with their own "Thermidor Reaction" before it is too late for the United States to recover from the poisonous policies of the liberal left.
No government is perfect, but we can sure do better than what we currently have.
The country is beginning a new national election cycle. The presidential candidates for the leftist Democratic Party are:
Hillary Clinton, who has yet to disclose the full details about Benghazi or her personal finances and continues trying to convince people there is a war on women. What nonsense! U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, an avowed socialist. Enough said!
Time to take back America and make it great again!