Want to enjoy food, drink and festivities with family and friends, but don’t want to clean up? Lucky for you, there are restaurants in Bradenton and Sarasota working hard on Christmas Day.
▪ Bridge Street Bistro, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach, will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Island Time Bar & Grill, on the lower level at 111 Gulf Drive S., will be open from 11:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Call 941-782-1122 for more information.
▪ Arts and Eats, 1114 12th St. W., will offer a Christmas Day buffet from 4 to 7 p.m. Call 941-201-6647 to make reservations or online at opentable.com/arts-and-eats-restaurant-and-gallery.
▪ Pier 22, 1200 First Ave. W., is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and will serve a special Christmas Day menu. Preview the offerings at pier22dining.com/images/Christmas-Menu.pdf and call Pier 22 at 941-748-8087 for reservations.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Polo Grill & Bar, 10670 Boardwalk Loop, Lakewood Ranch, will have a Christmas buffet from noon to 5 p.m. View the menu at pologrillandbar.com/calendar/christmas-day-buffet-2016. Call 941-782-0899, ext. 2, for reservations or make them online at pologrillandbar.com/reservations.
▪ Colombia Restaurant, 411 St. Armands Circle, Sarasota, will serve Christmas Day specials such as lechon asado (roast pork) and roast turkey as well as the complete regular dinner menu. For reservations: call the Sarasota location at 941-388-3987 or visit columbiarestaurant.com.
▪ Denny’s will be open 24 hours on Christmas Day serving its regular menu and a few holiday specials, including a turkey and dressing dinner and a pumpkin cream pancake breakfast. The Bradenton Denny’s is located at 610 44th Ave W. and can be reached at 941-752-5977.
▪ Michael’s on East, 1212 East Ave. S., Sarasota, is open from 2 to 8 p.m. on Christmas Day and offers Michael’s on East favorites a la carte. Advanced reservations are required and can be made by calling 941-366-0007.
▪ Miguel’s Restaurant, 6631 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key, opens at 1 p.m. Christmas Day. Miguel’s serves French and continental cuisine including veal cordon bleu and filet mignon. To see what else is on their Christmas menu, visit miguelsrestaurant.net/specials-and-events. Call Miguel’s at 941-349-4024.
▪ Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar, 5353 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, will be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Day and serving its regular full menu with some holiday specials added in. Phillippi Creek doesn’t take reservations but they will take call-ahead seating for parties of 10 or more. Phone number: 941-925-4444
▪ Siesta Key Oyster Bar, 5238 Ocean Boulevard, Sarasota, opens on Christmas Day at 5 p.m. Siesta Key Oyster Bar doesn’t take reservations but they do allow for 30-minute call-ahead seating at 941-346-5443.
And a special thanks to the Sarasota-Manatee Originals for their help in putting this post together.