Saint Stephen's

Billy, Davis combine for 7 TDs as Saint Stephen's thrashes Out-of-Door, 47-7

BRADENTON -- Saint Stephen's used a balance attack Friday night to roll past visiting Out of Door Academy, 47-7, capturing the Head Master's Cup on senior night.

The Falcons (7-1) tallied 323 yards of total offense while holding the Thunder to just 187 and only 26 in the first half.

"Being balanced on both sides of the ball is so important, especially when you start playing against really good teams," Saint Stephen's head coach Tod Creneti said. "We felt like tonight, everything was clicking for us in all three phases."

Coming into Friday's game, the Falcons were averaging 37.2 points per game while holding opponents to 15 points.

Down 7-0 early in the first quarter, the Thunder had a 24-yard field goal blocked by Truman Carlsen, which lead to a 20-yard touchdown pass from Fred Billy to Jordy Edwards.

"It really hurt us and seemed to kill the momentum we had to that point," Out-of-Door head coach Ken Sommers said. "Against a good team like that, you can't give them opportunities."

Billy finished with 99 yards passing and two touchdowns for the Falcons, complementing his running game that racked up 224 yards and four touchdowns.

"It makes my game so much easier when I have guys like that in the back field," Billy said. "In the past I may have tried to do too much, but now I've got guys I can really lean on to make my job easier."

The Thunder (2-6) came out firing in the second half with freshman quarterback Anthony Squitieri, unfortunately he was throwing the ball to the wrong team.

Squitieri tossed back-to-back interceptions on the team's first two drives to start the third quarter, both leading to Demetrius Davis rushing touchdowns.

"He's a young kid and it's tough for a freshman quarterback to start in front of the Friday night lights," Sommers said. "But he's tough and will learn from this experience."

Squitieri finished with 119 yards passing and a 31-yard touchdown pass to Kendall Johnson.

Davis scored all three of his touchdowns in the third quarter for the Falcons, keeping the game out of reach and eliminating any hope of a Thunder comeback.

"Coach just told me to follow my blocks," Davis said." Once I was able to get my first touchdown, it opened my eyes and the holes got even bigger."