The historic Judah P. Benjamin Confederate Memorial, housing the Gamble Plantation, is comprised of 18 acres along with the mansion, The Patton House, a visitor’s center, a cistern for gathering rainwater and several areas of interest.
The white, antebellum-style Gamble mansion was built between 1845 and 1850 by sugarcane plantation owner Maj. Robert Gamble on U.S. 301 in Ellenton. The park is open from 8 a.m. to sundown, 365 days per year. No entrance fee is required.
Find more information and a photo gallery at www.Bradenton.com/ourparks.