Anthony Collins had a key three-point play, Ron Anderson Jr. scored 15 points and South Florida beat Rutgers 67-65 on Sunday.
Collins, who scored on a layup, was fouled on the play, and made the ensuing free throw to make it 67-65 with 12.7 seconds remaining. He finished with seven points and 10 assists.
It was the first Big East Conference win for South Florida (8-7, 1-1), which had opened league play on Wednesday, losing 60-57 to No. 9 Connecticut.
(1) SYRACUSE 87, DEPAUL 68 -- Kris Joseph scored 22 points and the visiting Orange used their defense and depth to rout the Blue Demons for their 15th straight victory.
(5) NORTH CAROLINA 102, MONMOUTH 65 -- John Henson scored 21 points and the Tar Heels (13-2) won their seventh straight overall and 26th straight at the Smith Center.
(7) DUKE 85, PENNSYLVANIA 55 -- Ryan Kelly had 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Blue Devils. Seth Curry added 15 points for Duke (12-1), which scored 20 of the game’s first 24 points.
(14) MARQUETTE 81, VILLANOVA 77 -- Darius Johnson-Odom matched a season-high with 24 points to lead Marquette.
The Wildcats have lost seven of 10 after starting the season 4-0.
(18) MICHIGAN 61, MINNESOTA 56 -- Freshman Trey Burke scored a season-high 27 points and the Wolverines, who haven’t lost since falling to Virginia in the ACC/Big Ten Classic, won their seventh straight.
CINCINNATI 66, (22) PITTSBURGH 63 -- JaQuon Parker scored a career-high 21 points and Sean Kilpatrick added 19 for streaking Cincinnati.
PRINCETON 76 FLORIDA A&M 61 -- Douglas Davis had 18 points to lead four double-figure scorers for the Tigers in a win over the Rattlers.
(6) KENTUCKY 59, FLORIDA 56-- A’dia Mathies scored 14 points, Bria Goss added 11 and the Wildcats beat the cold-shooting Gators in the Southeastern Conference opener for both schools.
The Wildcats (12-2, 1-0) were coming off a rough stretch, losing two of their last three games.
Deana Allen had 14 points and Ndidi Madu finished with 11 for Florida (10-4, 0-1), which shot 32.8 percent and committed 23 turnovers.
Azania Stewart made a free throw with 8:19 left to help Florida close to 42-41, but the Wildcats responded with an 11-4 surge.
(7) TENNESSEE 73, AUBURN 52 -- Meighan Simmons scored 20 points and the Lady Vols pulled away late in its opening Southeastern Conference game.
(17) GEORGIA 67, ARKANSAS 57 -- Center Jasmine Hassell had 19 points and the Lady Bulldogs made 10 3-pointers in the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.
Georgai (12-2, 1-0) got 15 points from Anne Marie Armstrong and 12 apiece from Meredith Mitchell and Khaalidah Miller.