Breaking News Blog

Fire reported at American Vets post in Ellenton

MANATEE -- A fire was reported shortly before 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at the American Vets post in Ellenton, according to a supervisor at the Emergency Communications Center.

The fire took place at American Vets, 2443 U.S. Highway 301 N., Ellenton. According to an ECC representative, a person who called 911 reported sparks coming out of an electrical box at the location. People were evacuated from the building.

By the time firefighters from the North River Fire District arrived the small fire had already been extinguished, a captain with the department said. The only damage that resulted was to an electrical fuse.

FPL workers were already on scene and working inside the building before 3 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

  Comments