Breaking News Blog

Police: Woman suffers drug overdose in restroom at Bradenton library

BRADENTON -- A woman was expected to make a full recovery, after she was found in a restroom at the Manatee Central Library passed out because of an apparent drug overdose, according to Bradenton police.

About 1:45 p.m., officers responded to the library, 1301 First Ave. W., and found the unconscious 43-year-old woman. Officers performed CPR until paramedics arrived on scene, according to a report.

The woman regain consciousness and was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital, where she was expected to make a full recovery, police said.

Police said they found the woman was in possession of a needle.

  Comments