BRADENTON -- A 10-year-old boy was injured in a house fire Friday, according to Bradenton police.
About 5:05 p.m., Bradenton firefighters and police officers responded to a residence in the 900 block of 22nd Street East. The occupants of adjoining residences had already escaped the fire, according to police.
A 10-year-old boy was treated on scene for smoke inhalation.
Police said they fire started in a laundry room of one unit. The adjoining residence suffered smoke damage.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Bradenton Herald
Red Cross provided assistance to one family, while the other was able to stay with relatives, police said.