Health News

Sarasota Memorial Hospital discharges man who prompted Ebola alert

SARASOTA --The man evaluated last week at Sarasota Memorial Hospital for Ebola-like symptions, forcing officials to put the hospital on "high alert" for several hours, has been discharged, according to hospital

The patient, who had recently traveled here from West Africa, went to the hospital on Friday afternoon with "symptoms similar to Ebola," the hospital said in a news release.

Officials responded by placing the man in isolation and contacting the Florida Department of Health. However, doctors soon after determined the patient was likely not infected with Ebola.

"The patient's travel itinerary did not include any high-risk Ebola countries," the hospial said.

The patient was moved out of isolation, treated and discharged after his condition improved Saturday, the hospital said.

  Comments