Crime

Miami murder case closed after suspect shoots himself in Manatee

MANATEE — North Miami police closed a triple murder case after learning that the suspect killed himself days after the slayings one year ago, the Miami Herald reported Tuesday.

Kesler Dufrene, 23, committed suicide Jan. 19, 2011, after shooting a man in south Manatee and hiding from authorities.

Dufrene was the suspect in a Jan. 2, 2011 triple murder. On that day, family arriving at a North Miami home discovered three people shot dead. The victims were Harlen Peralta, 25, Israel Rincon, 35, and Ashley Chow, 15, the Miami Herald reported.

Days later on Jan. 19, 2011, Dufrene shot a man in the 400 block of McArthur Avenue after the man confronted him for walking outside an empty home he was watching over, the sheriff’s office said last year.

After the shooting, Dufrene fled to a nearby home in the 7000 block of Claries Drive. The home was evacuated and a SWAT team arrived. They found Dufrene with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, the sheriff’s office said last year.

North Miami police didn’t release a motive and didn’t say how the murders were linked to Dufrene, the Miami Herald reported.

  Comments