Local

Weather alert: Sunshine to give way to likely showers Tuesday night in Bradenton

MANATEE -- Sunshine in Bradenton on Tuesday is likely to give way to showers Tuesday night, according to the National Weather Service.

Forecasters were calling for mostly sunny skies, with a high near 68 and west-northwesterly winds of 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Tuesday night, there was an 80 percent chance of occasional showers after 2 a.m. The expected low was around 58, with west-northwesterly winds of 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 percent.

Manatee and other parts of the region remain under high surf and lake wind advisories. Forecasters warned of the presence of potentially dangerous rip currents off local beaches.

  Comments