BRADENTON - A resident of the DeSoto Towers assisted living center in downtown Bradenton was injured in a fire this morning, according to officials.
The fire started about 11:15 a.m. as the 75-year-patient was receiving a home oxygen treatment. He was sitting in a chair, and was burned when the oxygen apparatus malfunctioned, officials said.
Emergency workers were preparing to have the man flown to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
The fire was contained to the man's apartment.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
DeSoto Towers is located in the 1500 block of Sixth Avenue West, along Wares Creek.