News

Longboat Pass bridge reopened after fire

LONGBOAT KEY — The Longboat Pass bridge was reopened after firefighters put out a small brush fire that started after an electrical transformer in the area blew out this morning.

As of just before noon, some customers on the northern end of Longboat Key were still without power, but crews from Florida Power & Light were working to restore service.

Firefighters responded about 11 a.m. to a report that a transformer just north of North Shore Road in Longboat Key was arcing, said Sandi Drake, deputy chief of Longboat Key Fire Rescue.

  Comments