MANATEE — Southern Manatee Fire Rescue was dispatched to a structure fire in the 2100 block of 3rd Street East at 7:15 p.m. Monday. The first unit arrived on scene within six minutes and found heavy smoke conditions with active fire in the kitchen area, according to a Southern Manatee press release.
All occupants exited the structure prior to the fire department’s arrival. Fourteen fire department personnel, including one engine from Cedar Hammock, responded to the scene. There was substantial heat and smoke damage throughout the structure.
Manatee County EMS personnel responded as well as representatives from the Red Cross to assist the family.
The fire was caused by cooking, according to the press release.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.