News

Faulty elevator motor catches fire, spreads smoke at Manatee Memorial Hospital

BRADENTON - Firefighters responded to Manatee Memorial Hospital today, after an elevator motor caught fire, according to a Bradenton Fire Department official.

The blaze, which started about 12:15 p.m., was quickly extinguished, and firefighters were able to disperse light smoke that spread to several floors of the downtown Bradenton hospital.

Bradenton police at the scene said no one was injured or evacuated.

  Comments