MANATEE ― As Valentine’s Day approaches each year, many men stress over finding the perfect gift and creating a flawless romantic evening for their valentine.
While some men might take the “less is more” approach, others think they have to purchase their sweetheart something expensive and fancy to prove their devotion.
Luckily, this often isn’t the case, according to the famous WingHouse Girls of Ker’s WingHouse Bar & Grill. Sometimes, all it takes is a kind and thoughtful gesture to help make a woman feel special.
Here are some solid options:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Bradenton Herald
1) Eat in: Many women hate crowded restaurants, and there is no restaurant night more crowded than on Valentine’s Day. Save the money and save yourself the headache of trying to get a reservation at a fancy restaurant. Nothing is more romantic to a woman than an intimate home-cooked dinner served with candlelight and music.
2) Flowers are a must: We know it’s cliché, but flowers are a non-negotiable (unless you know she doesn’t like them or is allergic). Don’t try purchasing them that evening, however, as you are guaranteed to have the last pickings.
3) Make a meaningful card: Nothing will mean more to your valentine than handwritten words of affection. Want to win extra credit points? Make the card from scratch as well.
4) Determine a gift that is meaningful: You’ve heard diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but they’re also super expensive and unnecessary. Choose a gift that says you’ve been listening. Did she once mention that she really wanted to go rock climbing? Take her rock climbing!
5) Don’t forget to tell her she looks beautiful: Yes, we love to hear those words. No, you can never say it too many times.