Advice to the millions of voters who don’t like Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. All citizens have a patriotic duty to vote, so I see five options:
1. Vote for the lesser of two evils.
2. Vote for a third-party candidate that you like better. But that might help elect someone who is the greater of two evils.
3. Write “None of the Above” under “Write in.” Then you can say what you really feel about the candidates and still do your patriotic duty to vote without having to vote for someone you don’t like.
Never miss a local story.
4. Don’t vote. But you won’t have your voice heard for the other elected offices. Also, people may think you’re apathetic and clearly you can’t be apathetic because after much serious thought you decided that both candidates were not qualified to be president.
5. Vote and leave the box for president blank, but make intelligent and informed decisions for the other elected offices. But people may think you’re stupid for forgetting to vote for president or that there’s a glitch in the voting machines that needs fixing.
But remember the golden rule of voting: If you don’t vote, you don’t have a right to complain. So if you don’t vote, I don’t have to listen to your complaints about the next president ruining our country.
I will vote using option No. 1, but it’s a free country and you can do whatever you want.