The City of Bradenton is trying to grow interest in its downtown venues for residents and tourists alike. It is making one big mistake.
My wife and I went to one of the restaurants on Main Street Saturday evening. We had a great experience at one of them. After dinner we decided to take a stroll along Main Street.
As we walked, we were assailed by the strong scent of cigarette and cigar smoke coming from the many pub and bar customers sitting outside at the sidewalk tables. It was a terrible end to an otherwise enjoyable time. We could not wait to get out of the area and away from the stench.
It reflects badly, in my opinion, on the City of Bradenton and Main Street as a dining destination. Customers are spared this unpleasant experience while inside because it is recognized as having numerous drawbacks. But once outside, it's another story. Ugh!
Never miss a local story.