I was also at Blake Medical Center the day of the computer shutdown, but had a completely opposite experience of Jean Peelen ("Blake glitch was statewide," Dec. 10 news report).
My husband was brought to the ER via ambulance because he was having a heart attack. He was immediately transferred to the cath lab. He experienced a deadly heart arrhythmia and was shocked six times.
Three stents were placed, and within two hours of arrival he was recovering in the CVICU. The doctor and cath lab staff saved my husband's life that day, computer glitch or not.
Never miss a local story.