It's that time again for all the registered voters of America to have the nightly watching of the many TV circus barkers, spewing their opinions about the various candidates and their qualifications to run for president in the 2016 national election.
There are more American citizens who are probably as qualified to run for president or any other political office but don't because they lack the funds to beat the money machines.
It is about time we voters demand that Congress write or change the present voting policy laws in this country.
1. Limit the amount of money that both political party candidates and their party headquarters can spend.
Never miss a local story.
2. Limit the campaigning time, not to start before Jan. 1 of that election year. We voters don't need 22-24 months to learn about each candidate.
3. Pass a law stating that nationwide no vote can be counted until the last voting poll located in Hawaii has closed.
4. Prevent the TV news media from broadcasting poll opinions from exiting polling voters from the earlier voting states.
5. Pass a law that all voting precincts throughout this nation use the same type voting machines, similar to the typical optical-scan, which provides a paper trail for every vote cast.
6. Require all American eligible voters to have a photo ID to vote.
7. All American service members, as well as other absentee voters, be allowed to vote by absence ballot in sufficient time and that their votes be counted on the voting day.
Finally, we the voters should be held accountable for our ignorance. Those who have voting questions should seek help from their county election headquarters.
Thomas W. Mazzone