There is a 70 percent chance that a Tropical Storm or Hurricane Bertha could be churning towards the Caribbean Sea.
The National Hurricane Center said Monday that showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave located in the Atlantic Ocean, several hundred miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands, was increasing. However, the system remained disorganized, the Hurricane Center said.
"Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of this disturbance over the next several days while it moves generally westward at 10 to 15 mph," the Hurricane Center said.
As of 2 p.m. EDT, the Hurricane Center said there was a 30 percent chance a tropical storm would form within the next 48 hours, and a 70 percent chance within the next five days.