Five students were awarded $1,000 scholarships Friday from Dolphin Aviation.
Owner Ron Ciaravella started the scholarship program 15 years ago. This year, state Rep. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota, joined Ciaravella for the event.
Dolphin Aviation Scholarship winners:
▪ Ronilka Perez of Sarasota High School, who will attend State College Of Florida
▪ Niam Tanner of Sarasota Military Academy, who will attend Florida Gulf Coast University
▪ Angela George of Riverview High School, who will attend the University Of Florida
▪ Evan Edwards of Venice High School, who will attend Valencia College
▪ Amaia Cliatt of Booker High School, who will attend Bethune-Cookman University
Dolphin Aviation Inc. was founded in 1969 and has been conducting business continuously ever since at its location at the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport in Sarasota. Dolphin Aviation is an all-round Aviation Services company. About 75 aircraft are based at the facility, which is larger than 17 acres.