The Manatee County School District will host a end-of-year celebration and wellness expo at Manatee Technical College between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday.
Employees and their family members can speak with a variety of professionals about health-related matters at Manatee Technical College’s main campus on State Road 70. Speakers and performers will focus on health and wellness.
- “More Food, Less Medicine — Eating for Life” with Evelisse Capo
- “Alternative Healing, Acupuncture & Deep Tissue Therapy” with Dr. Gooding
- “Build a Better YOU — Physical Training Do’s & Don’ts” with Ken Bannister
- “Don’t Stress — Financing, Refinancing and Renovating A Home” with Cory Banks
- “52109 — Simple Everyday Goals for a Healthier Life” with Ro Mohamed
Never miss a local story.
Wellness screenings: Blood pressure, blood glucose, HIV, skin cancer, vision, carotid artery stenosis, hepatitis C
Providers: Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Florida Cancer Specialists, Blake Medical, Doctor’s Hospital, Florida Department of Health and Manatee Memorial Hospital.
Employee benefits vendors: Compass Health Pros for assistance signing up and to answer questions about cash incentives program, Health Advocate on free counseling and work-life balance and Florida Blue to provide details on benefits, plans, and Better YOU telephonic coaching programs.
Healthy lifestyle vendors: Fitness centers and boutique gyms, mindfulness coaches, chiropractors, acupuncturists, legal services, personal trainers, nutrition experts, massage therapists, holistic therapies, yoga instructors, chefs and behavior change therapists.
Herald staff report