BRADENTON — Most homeowners have experienced at least once the embarrassing moment when something cooking makes the fire or smoke alarm go off.
The Bradenton Police Department is, reportedly, not immune to those moments.
Someone burned popcorn at the police department at 4:03 a.m. Tuesday triggering the Halon Alarm System and the fire alarm, according to a police report.
The Bradenton Fire Department arrived at the police station at 100 10th St. W. and verified the cause of the alarm.
Never miss a local story.
The BFD battallion chief contacted BPD facility maintenance and was able to reset both systems, the report indicates.
Dispatch ventilated their area with department fans.