BRADENTON -- Dave and Judi Stephens said they were thankful Tuesday that their home and two dogs were not lost in a fierce fire that burned their wooden shed to the ground at 303 37th Street W.
"I was terrified when I got the call at work that it was my house that was on fire," said Judi Stephens, a ninth grade teacher at Bayshore High School. "So I am so relieved that our house and dogs are safe. But we've lost my husband's man cave and all of our toys."
The fire, which started at 3:22 p.m. at the Stephen's two-car garage-size wooden shed, claimed three kayaks, a bass boat, a sail boat, an ATV, every tool known to man (according to Judi Stephens), a freezer filled with meat and even a pitching mound Dave Stephens was building for youth baseball players at G.T. Bray Park.