The Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee recently awarded six $2,000 scholarships to students from the community.
Every year, the Association awards up to six scholarships, as selected by the RASM Scholarship Committee. This year, the RASM Scholarship Committee reviewed nearly 70 applications and interviewed 12 candidates before reaching their final decision on the six recipients.
The 2016 recipients are:
- Sixto Guerrero, a student at Florida State University.
- Kaytlyn Korte, a Venice High School grad who will attend the University of Central Florida.
- Gianluca Marra, a Sarasota Military Academy graduate with plans to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Amanda Peebles, a Braden River High School grad and student at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton.
- Sydney Ring, a Suncoast Polytechnical High School grad with plans to attend Eckerd College in the fall prior to starting at Florida State University in the spring.
- Danielle Wilson, a Lakewood Ranch High School grad who will attending Emory University.
Three scholarships were awarded to applicants from the public at large and three to applicants who are immediate family members of members in good standing with the Association. Scholarships support tuition, textbooks and other course-related fees.
Since its founding in 2002, the RASM Scholarship Program has awarded $126,100 to deserving students. The 2016 recipients were introduced and presented to members of the Association at the RASM Membership Luncheon on June 10.