Coquina Beach on Anna Maria Island has the best island beach sand in the United States and the fifth-best in the world, according to the Conde Nast Traveler.
"Coquina Beach, on the southern end of Anna Maria Island, is the opposite of South Beach: It’s laid-back, bordered by towering pines, and boasts perfect, unspoiled sand as fine as powder," the website said. "It’s also the longest stretch of sand on Anna Maria — uninterrupted, but for remnants of old piers jutting out into the water."
Coincidentally, those old piers, known as "groins," are set to be replaced in coming months.
Coquina and most other beaches on Anna Maria Island had their sand replenished most recently in 2013-14.
Never miss a local story.
The results are based on a survey of Conde Nast Traveler readers.
Here's the complete "Top 10 Island Beaches for Perfect Sand:"
1. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia.
2. Cayo de Agua, Los Roques, Venezuela.
3. Cocoa Island, Maldives.
4. White Beach, Boracay, Phillippines.
5. Coquina Beach, Anna Maria Island.
6. Shoal Bay East, Anguilla.
7. Vamizi Beach, Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique.
8. Kaihalulu Beach, Maui, Hawaii.
9. Playa Falmenco, Culebra, Puerto Rico.
10. Playa Negrita, Vieques, Puerto Rico.