By SARA KENNEDY
MANATEE – County officials have postponed a budget meeting slated for Thursday, as some of the Manatee County commissioners planned instead to join Gov. Rick Scott during a visit to the area by the governor.
The budget recommendation for 2015 from Manatee County Administrator Ed Hunzeker instead will be delivered during a regular meeting Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at the Manatee County Administrative Building, 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton, said Nick Azzara, the county's information outreach manager.
The budget rollout will be the first in a series of public meetings, all at county administrative center, to discuss next year’s county budget. Other workshops and meetings are scheduled as follows:
· Fund Summary Review at 1:30- 5 p.m. on Wednesday at the Manatee Room on the fourth floor; the presentation will provide a summary of the county’s major financial funds.
· Decision Unit Review from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 10
· Manatee County Sheriff’s Office budget review at 1:30 p.m. June 11
· Capital Improvement Program 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 12
· Budget public hearing slated for 6-8 p.m., June 12
· Special meeting on budget reconciliation and adoption of a tentative millage rate at 1:30 - 5 p.m. July 30
Two additional public hearings will be held in September, before the final 2014-15 budget is adopted. For information, visit www.mymanatee.org/budget or call (941) 748-4501, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/manatee.county.fl and on Twitter, @ManateeGov.