Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. US TO RUSSIA: TIME SHORT TO HEED UKRAINE ACCORDMoscow has “days, not weeks” to comply with the agreement aimed at stemming the Ukraine crisis — or face further sanctions, a U.S. official says.
2. HOW STOWAWAY COULD SHAKE UP AIRPORT SECURITYThe teen who survived a California-to-Hawaii flight inside a jet’s wheel well is forcing a reexamination of protective measures at the nation’s airports.
3. ECONOMY EMERGES FROM DEEP FREEZEAfter an especially bitter winter, U.S. factories are cranking up production, companies are increasing hiring and jobless claims have dropped.
4. WHERE `OBAMACARE’ IS FALLING SHORTThe health care overhaul has only chipped away at one of its core goals: to sharply reduce the number of people without insurance.
5. ARMY CULLING OFFICER CORPSAs America’s wars wind down and Pentagon budgets shrink, as many as 3,000 officers are expected to be forced from the service.
6. U.S. WEIGHS RELAXED IMMIGRATION RULES Homeland Security chief Jeh Johnson is considering cutting back on deportations of those living in the U.S. illegally who don’t have serious criminal records, sources say.
7. SYRIA SETS PRESIDENTIAL VOTE JUNE 3The announcement raises questions about how the government intends to hold any kind of credible election within the deeply divided country.
8. A GREENER APPLEUnder a new program, all of the iPhone maker’s stores will recycle used Apple products for free.
9. MEXICO CITY PAYS TRIBUTE TO GARCIA MARQUEZThousands stand in a line stretching more than a half mile, hoping to pass by the simple urn holding the famed writer’s remains.
10. WHAT WAS SURPRISING ABOUT THIS YEAR’S BOSTON MARATHONThe men’s race was won by an American for the first time in more than 30 years.