Fire officials say exposed wiring from a removed electrical sign is to blame for an Oct. 1 fire at Mexicali Border Cafe on Cortez Road. The restaurant announced in mid November that it would not reopen.
Fire officials say exposed wiring from a removed electrical sign is to blame for an Oct. 1 fire at Mexicali Border Cafe on Cortez Road. The restaurant announced in mid November that it would not reopen. Richard Dymond Herald file photo
Fire officials say exposed wiring from a removed electrical sign is to blame for an Oct. 1 fire at Mexicali Border Cafe on Cortez Road. The restaurant announced in mid November that it would not reopen. Richard Dymond Herald file photo

Exposed wiring to blame for Mexicali Border Cafe blaze

December 05, 2017 02:11 PM