As commuters drive home for the start of their weekends, here’s a roundup of local traffic incidents that may affect the afternoon commute in and around Manatee County.
Some rain can be spotted on Florida 511 traffic cameras along parts of Interstate 275 and Interstate 75. Heavy rain fell in downtown Bradenton for about 30 minutes Friday afternoon.
There are some slow spots along I-75 North between State Road 70 and State Road 64 in and between University Parkway and Bee Ridge Road, according to Bay News 9 traffic map.
Florida 511 traffic maps are showing some slowed traffic on I-275 on either end of the Sunshine Skyway as well as 9th Street West near the Green Bridge and on U.S. 41 near and on the Desoto Bridge.
The maps also show a slow down on U.S. 301 North just before State Road 70 and at Fruitville Road. Traffic is also backed up along State Road 70 at 301.
All crash information comes from the Florida Highway Patrol’s live traffic crash and road conditions report.
- Cortez Rd. W. at 5th St. W., with roadblock, hit-and-run reported at 5:28 p.m.
- 15th St. E. at 59th Ave. E., no roadblock, hit-and-run with injuries
- Cortez Rd. at 9th St. W., no roadblock, reported at 5:12 p.m.
- N. Lockridge Rd. at University Parkway, no roadblock
- University Parkway at Cooper Creek Boulevard, no roadblock
- U.S. 41 at 73rd St. E., Palmetto, no roadblock
- I-75 South at mile marker 210, no roadblock
- I-75 South at mile marker 213, roadblock at southbound on-ramp
- 30th Ave. W., at 9th St. W., no roadblock
- 23rd St. E. at 30th Ave. E., no roadblock