The 10 highest-paid CEOs for 2009 at Standard & Poor’s 500 companies based on calculations by The Associated Press. The analysis includes companies that filed proxy statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission between Jan. 1 and April 30. The total pay figures are rounded. They are based on the AP’s compensation formula, which adds up salary, perks, bonuses, preferential interest rates on pay set aside for later and company estimates for the value of stock options and stock awards on the day they were granted last year.
1. Carol Bartz, Yahoo Inc., $47.2 million
2. Leslie Moonves, CBS Corp., $42.9 million
3. Marc Casper, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., $34.1 million
Never miss a local story.
4. Philippe Dauman, Viacom Inc., $33.9 million
5. J. Raymond Elliott, Boston Scientific Corp., $33.3 million
6. Ray Irani, Occidental Petroleum Corp., $31.4 million
7. Glen Senk, Urban Outfitters Inc., $29.9 million
8. Brian Roberts, Comcast Corp., $27.2 million
9. William Weldon, Johnson & Johnson, $25.5 million
10. Louis Camilleri, Philip Morris International Inc., $24.4 million
— Associated Press