July 06, 2011 08:21 AM
1. PHOTO GALLERY | Casey Anthony murder trial
2. Life’s good for one special dog
3. PHOTO GALLERY | Photos from Palmetto's independence Day Celebration
4. PHOTO GALLERY | River Fireworks Dazzle on the Fourth
Sign up today for unlimited digital access to our website, apps, the digital newspaper and more.
5. Layoffs of 1,300 Fla. state government employees hit home
6. VIDEO | Alleged victim of Craigslist prank on 'Today' show
7. Tracking device leads deputies to Bradenton bank robbery suspect
8. PHOTO GALLERY | Sea turtle nest excavation on Bradenton Beach
9. PHOTO GALLERY | Royal Wedding in Monaco
10. PHOTO GALLERY | Fireworks at the Beach House
On Monday, The Senate advanced a bill reopening federal agencies through Feb. 8 after Democrats relented and lifted their blockade against the legislation. The shutdown began Saturday after Democrats derailed a Republican measure that would have kept government open until Feb. 16. Democrats wanted to pressure the GOP to cut a deal protecting young immigrants from deportation and boosting federal spending.
View More Video