June 24, 2011 08:19 AM
1. Bradenton council moves to ban horses on Palma Sola Causeway
2. PHOTO GALLERY | Manatee's Best 11 Football Greats
3. HOWARD IRVING PRICE: 1918-2011 | 'He lived enough experiences for nine
4. PHOTO GALLERY | Casey Anthony murder trial
Sign up today for unlimited digital access to our website, apps, the digital newspaper and more.
5. Bradenton's move to ban horses at Palma Sola Causeway stirs debate
6. Sarasota sheriff needs help identifying man
7. Three locked vehicles burglarized in Manatee
8. Educator envisions new path for Bradenton school
9. PHOTO GALLERY | Cooling off on Palma Sola Causeway
10. PHOTO GALLERY | Fugitive mobster Whitey Bulger arrested
On Monday, The Senate advanced a bill reopening federal agencies through Feb. 8 after Democrats relented and lifted their blockade against the legislation. The shutdown began Saturday after Democrats derailed a Republican measure that would have kept government open until Feb. 16. Democrats wanted to pressure the GOP to cut a deal protecting young immigrants from deportation and boosting federal spending.
View More Video