MANATEE -- Manatee County Utilities Department has issued a precautionary boil water notice for customers on 20th Street West between Cortez Road and Lake Bayshore Drive after a water main in the area burst on Tuesday.
All customers are advised that once service is restored, all water used for drinking or cooking should be boiled as a precaution.A rolling boil of one minute is sufficient. As an alternative, bottled water may be used.
This precautionary notice will remain in effect until a bacteriological survey has shown the water to be safe, normally 24-48 hours. A notice will be issued when the notice is lifted.
A crew working near the 4300 block of 20th Street West accidentally broke the line, sending water gushing out. The water was turned off about an hour later.