Get into the holiday spirit with the Bradenton Herald's Cookie-A-Day newsletter. We’re sending out a cookie recipe every day from Dec. 1 to 25.
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour; stir in morsels and nuts. Shape level tablespoons of dough into 11/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.
- Nutrition information per cookie: 120 calories; 70 calories from fat; 7g total fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 50mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; .5g fiber; 6g sugars; 1g protein
- Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Source: Nestlé Test Kitchens and VeryBestBaking.com