The King of Rock ’n’ Roll is back for the annual Charlotte AutoFair.
Elvis Presley’s 1973 Stutz Blackhawk III – the last car he drove before his death in August 1977 – is one of the stars of this year’s show at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Here’s a rundown of other AutoFair highlights:
• In addition to his beloved 1973 Stutz, the Presley exhibit includes the car’s gold key, the check he wrote as a down payment, and the photo a fan snapped while standing outside Graceland as Elvis drove it through the gates for the last time.
Never miss a local story.
• The Jailhouse Rock Café offers an Elvis-approved menu of grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches, Blue Hawaii fresh pineapple lemonade, Hound Dog Fries and doughnut sandwiches.
• Mustang celebrates 50 years with an exhibit including its 1965 GT 350, a 1967 coupe in Playboy Pink, a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, the 1968 390 GT replica from “Bullitt,” and the Fastback “Eleanor” replica from 2000’s “Gone in 60 Seconds.”
• To commemorate the 85th year of the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the speedway is bringing in seven historic patrol vehicles spanning 1935 to 2014.
• Other attractions include lawnmower races, more than 50 car clubs, a classic car auction, dog and pig races, thousands of vendors and more.