• Miami has been placed on three years probation: from Oct. 22, 2013 through Oct. 21, 2016. Miami was found guilty of “lack of institutional control.”
• Miami may only provide a prospect an unofficial visits complementary tickets for one home game during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
Self-imposed by the university:• Two year bowl ban following the 2011 and 2012 seasons, including the 2012 ACC Championship game.
• Reduction of official paid visits for 2012-13 by 20 percent to a total of 36 visits.
• Reduction of fall evaluations in 2012-13 by six (from 42 to 36).
Reduction of available contact days during the 2012-13 contact period by 20 percent.• For all sports, any staff member who sends an impermissible text to a prospect will be fined a minimum of $100 per message, and coaches will be suspended from all recruiting activities for seven days.
Further penalties resulting from impermissible texts and phone calls are detailed in the public report.
Coaches penalties• Missouri coach and former UM basketball coach Frank Haith will receive a five-game suspension.
• Former UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill, former UM defensive line coach Clint Hurtt and former UM assistant basketball coach Jorge Fernandez received two-year show cause penalties. (Hurtt is on Louisville’s staff (pending a decision by the school), but the penalty will make it difficult for Hill and Fernandez to land jobs in the next two years.)
• Former assistant basketball coach Jake Morton did not get a show cause penalty. Of the five former UM coaches who received notices of allegation, he was the only one not to get a show-cause or suspension.