Twisted woods: 23810 53rd Ave. W., Myakka City
One-third mile of sheer terror in the woods of Myakka (which is almost scary enough without the help), dusk-10 p.m. Cost: $13 ($20 for a season pass). Information: twistedwoods.com.
“Rocky Horror Picture Show:” Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton
The Manatee Players will have three special showings of the cult movie classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” 7:30 p.m. “Props” will be available for purchase and costumes and participation are encouraged. Admission: $8. Information: 748-5875 or visit www.manateeplayers.com.
Haunted barn: 1703 Palma Sola Blvd., Bradenton
Gulf Shore Animal League will host the Authentic Hanbury Haunted Barn 7-10 p.m. Entry Fee: $5. Group discounts available. All proceeds benefit Gulf Shore Animal League. Information: 747-2284 or visit http://hanburyhauntedbarn.blogspot.com.
Mall-O-Ween: De Soto Square, 303 301 Blvd. W., Bradenton
DeSoto Square will host “Mall-O-Ween” beginning with a costume contest at 4 p.m. followed by trick or treating 6-8 p.m. Information: 747-5868.
Here are some things to keep in mind while trick-or-treating, courtesy of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Wear reflective clothing
2. Make sure your costume isn’t so long that you trip when walking
3. Only go to familiar neighborhoods
4. Trick-or-treat in groups
5. Children should always be accompanied by an adult
6. Carry a flash light and stay in well-lit areas
7. An adult should check all candy before it’s eaten
8. Follow traffic rules
9. If you wear a mask, make sure you can see out of it
10. Stay in public areas
11. If you drink, do not drive