Accidental Bradenton apartment fire requires evacuation; no one hurt

April 20, 2014 

BRADENTON — Bradenton Police Department officers used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire on a stove in an apartment early Saturday that ignited while a resident was sleeping.

The incident occurred at 4 a.m. at 2735 River Trace Circle, Bradenton, according to a BPD report.

Officers went to the apartment after a report that a fire alarm had been sounding for quite some time.

When they arrived at the complex, the officers reportedly found smoke coming from one apartment door.

They woke the resident and evacuated the building, according to the report.

One officer used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, the report states.

The Bradenton Fire Department arrived and ventilated the apartment.

There were no injuries and the fire was labeled as accidental and did not require a fire department report, according to the police report.

Bradenton Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service