Oil left on stove leads to Bradenton apartment fire

HERALD STAFF REPORTJanuary 18, 2014 

Oil left on stove leads to Bradenton apartment fire

BRADENTON -- Oil left unattended on a hot stove led to $2,000 in damages in a Bradenton apartment Saturday afternoon, according to police.

A resident in the 1800 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue East had forgotten about the oil in the kitchen, resulting in a fire, a Bradenton Police report states.

Bradenton Fire Department responded to the apartment around 12:34 p.m. The fire caused about $2,000 in damages to the stove, vent and wall, according to the police report.

"There were no injuries and no displacements," said Lt. Nicole Miller.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, she said.

Bradenton Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service