This letter is in response to one from Carole Gallotta in which she laments the position of Republicans who have sabotaged Obama's administration in bringing down the economy, education, social welfare and foreign policy.
When Obama took office, unemployment was at 7.5 percent; it went from there to 10.5 percent; food stamp recipients went from 37 million to 47 million; our education is a disaster, and foreign policy is the laughingstock of the world.
Ms. Gallotta goes on to say that Obama has never been given credit for his accomplishments. Name me one accomplishment and I can name you many disasters.
Now a few facts. Obama ran on the following promises -- none of which he kept.
1. I support traditional marriage: one man-one woman.
2. I promise 100 percent transparency in my administration.
3. I promise no new taxes on a family making less than $200,000 a year.
4. I will allow five days of public comment before I sign any bills.
5. I will remove earmarks from pork projects before I sign any bill.
6. I will end income taxes for seniors making less that $50,000 a year.
7. I will bring all our troops home within one year.
8. I will put the health care negotiations on C-SPAN so everyone can see who is at the table.
9. I will have no lobbyists in my administration.
10. I will close Guantanamo within a year.
Well, there you have it in his own words. Without a doubt he is the worst person to ever sit in the White House.
I could go on and on but to dyed-in-the-wool Democrats and a few others with large pensions thanks to union Democrats, it would be a waste of time. The facts speak for themselves. We are gradually becoming a socialist country. God help us all.
Patrick J. McKell