BRADENTON — No injuries were reported in a house fire Saturday afternoon in Bradenton.
Bradenton firefighters responded to a call at about 1:09 to the 1600 block of 18th Avenue West. Upon arrival, units found a single-family, one-story residence with thick smoke coming from the front door and chimney, according to a news release.
After being alerted by a neighbor of a pet inside the home, firefighters found a small dog in the master bedroom. The dog was rescued and given oxygen at the scene. Manatee County Animal Services took the dog to an animal clinic for further treatment.
Damage to the home was estimated at $25,000. The family affected is being assisted by the Red Cross.