Man injured in electrical mishap at Bradenton packaging plant

March 7, 2013 

MANATEE -- An electrical contractor suffered burns during an incident Thursday morning in Bradenton.

The man was working on an electric panel in a space operated by Graham Packaging, a third-party company that provides bottling services for Tropicana, when something went wrong.

About 9 a.m., EMS responded to the 1000 block of 13th Avenue East.

There was no blaze when Southern Manatee Fire Rescue arrived on scene, said department fire marshal Leslie Adent.

"It was more electrical in nature," Adent explained.

The man, who met trauma alert criteria for burns, was taken by helicopter to the Tampa General Regional Burn Center.

The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the incident.

Calls for comment to Graham Packaging were not immediately returned.

Bradenton Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service