3 pets die in Bradenton house fire

January 26, 2013 

MANATEE -- Three pets died in an accidental house fire Friday night in Bradenton.

Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue, assisted by West Manatee Fire Rescue, responded about 8 p.m. to a duplex in the 7900 block of 43rd Avenue Drive West.

Ten firefighters responded in two engines and a ladder truck.

A female occupant, who escaped the blaze, was evaluated by EMS and refused treatment, according to a news release. Two cats and one dog were found dead inside the residence, which sustained about $60,000 in damage.

The American Red Cross is assisting two adults who lived at the home.

Bradenton Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service